Things to do on Eid
The special acts of the month of Ramadhaan
(fasting) terminate with the coming of Eid. The first day of Shawwaal
is called Eid-ul-Fitr and the tenth
day of Zilhijjah is called Eid-ul-Adhhaa.
These two Eids are of great rejoicing for the Muslims.
On the day of Eid-ul-Fitr 13 things
- To adorn oneself as permitted by Shari'at.
- To take a bath.
- To clean the teeth with Miswaak.
- To wear the best cloths that one has.
- To use perfume.
- To rise early in the morning.
- To go to the Eid Gaah very early.
- To eat something sweet like dates before going to the Eid Gaah.
- To give Sadqa-e-Fitr before going to
Eid Gaah.(Price of 2Kg
wheat approximately Pk Rs.20 per head)
- To offer Eid prayer in the Eid Gaah,
that is not to offer it in the mosque of the locality without any legitimate excuse.
- To go to the Eid Gaah by one way and to
come back another way.
- To go on foot.
- To recite slowly on the way to the Eid Gaah,
- Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa ilaaha illallahu Wallahu
Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Wa lillahil Hamd."
"Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest. There
is no deity besides Allah and Allah is the greatest. Allah is the greatest and all praises are for Allah only."