- If some fasts have been missed for some recompensations, they should be kept after the Ramadhaan as soon as possible otherwise it will be
a sin to delay them without any legitimate cause.
- While intending for missed fast it is not necessary to
specify the day and date of missed fasts, but only as many fasts
should be observed as have been missed. But if fasts of two
Ramadhaans have been missed, then it should be specified of which
Ramadhaan it is the missed fast and should intend that the missed
fast of that year is being kept.
- It is essential to resolve for a missed fast in the
previous night. If it is not resolved till morning then the fast would
be a Nafl fast and the missed fast will remain due and should be
- The above rule applies to a compensatory fast also
that is unless it is resolved from the last night it will not be accomplished.
- All the missed fasts may be kept in one contimation or in instalments
both ways are correct.
- If the missed fasts of one Ramadhaan were not kept
yet and the next Ramadhaan came, then the fasts of this Ramadhaan
should be observed and the missed fasts of the previous Ramadhaan
should be observed after rid. But it is bad to delay them so long.
- If during Ramadhaan anyone became unconscious in the day remained so for three days, then only two missed fasts should be observed and the fast of the first day is not necessary as that day's fast has been accomplished because of resolve. But if he was not fasting that day or some medicine was given to him which went down the throat, then the fast of that day will also become due.
- If one became unconscious at night, then fast of
the day is not missed but only the fasts of the day on which he
remained unconscious thereafter will be due. But if it intended
to fast that day or some medicine has been taken, then the fast of
that day; too, will become due.
- If one remained unconscious throughout the whole
of Ramadhaan, then all the missed fasts should be kept and it
should not be presumed that these fasts have been remitted. But if
anyone became insane and remained so during the whole month of
Ramadhaan then no compensatory fast will be due and if he
regained sanity on any day during Ramadhaan. Then he should begin
to keep fast from that day and should also offer the missed fasts